Emergency? Call Now – 505-796-5625


Serving New Mexico & West Texas


Mon – Sat : 24 Hours
Closed Sundays


If you have asbestos-containing materials anywhere in your home, the best advice Asbestos Experts™ can give you is to leave it alone. Here’s what you need to know about asbestos. When asbestos-containing materials are disturbed, microscopic fibers are released, and when inhaled, can lead to lung damage and lung cancer over time. The health effects from asbestos aren’t always noticed immediately, they can develop over the course of 10 to 40 years.

The good news about asbestos-containing materials – such as floor tiles, ceiling tiles, wallboards or roof shingles – is that they pose no health threat if left undisturbed. The bad news is that when it comes to water or fire damage, asbestos fibers can be disturbed. It’s another reason why only properly trained, qualified restoration professionals should address any sort of property damage. Any attempt at going the DIY route could cause a lot more harm than a home or business owner may think.

A restoration professional will contain the area where asbestos fibers have been released and then work to remove it from the property. They’ll accomplish this wearing the proper personal protective equipment and with the right equipment to ensure that all fibers have been removed from the environment and remaining asbestos-containing materials are properly discarded of.

If there’s any indication that asbestos fibers have been released as a result of water or fire damage on your property, you contact the right professionals to handle it. Asbestos Experts™ is available 24/7 to assist you with your asbestos abatement needs.

Copyright: paylessimages / 123RF Stock Photo